Respirator Fit Test at the AIC Annual Meeting
- Registration Closed
Whether you are using hazardous chemicals in your laboratory or working with mold-infested artifacts after a flood, you need to be protected with a properly fitting respirator. This workshop will provide the participant with access to an online lecture on respirator selection, care, and use, as well as a 15-minute, individual appointment for a personal respirator fit test, ensuring an acceptable, face-to-face piece seal/fit of their respirator. The individual appointment provides an opportunity for participants to ask any specific questions, and to “shop” for a new half-mask, air-purifying respirator from the Health and Safety Committee’s selection of samples. You should bring your personal respirator if you have one.
The AIC Respirator Fit Test Program is targeted towards conservators who may not have access to a Safety Professional to conduct the test or do not have respirator fit testing available through their employer, but is open to all interested parties. This workshop is in accordance with the U.S. OSHA Standard (29CFR1910.134 - Respiratory Protection). The online lecture and fit test appointments will be conducted by a Certified Industrial Hygienist.
Individuals wishing to be fit for a respirator MUST:
- Register for the Respirator Fit Test “workshop” at the AIC Annual Meeting.
- Watch the REQUIRED online lecture and take the corresponding quiz.
- Schedule a fit test appointment. The appointments will be scheduled to take place in 15-minute intervals from 9:00am - 5:00pm on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
- Complete a REQUIRED medical evaluation within twelve months PRIOR to your fit test. The medical evaluation must be performed by a healthcare professional. If you prefer not to use your own healthcare provider, FAIC can suggest a clinic that will review your evaluation questionnaire (additional $25 cost).
- Upload the Respirator Medical Clearance Approval Form signed by a healthcare professional to the portal or bring it to the scheduled fit test appointment.
- Bring their respirator to the scheduled appointment and get fit tested.
Appointments are limited. The last day to register for a Respirator Fit Test is May 7, 2019.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|